Whitney Houston: My Daughter "Encourages Me And Inspires Me"


Whitney Houston: My Daughter "Encourages Me And Inspires Me"
Jul 22, 2009 by CAROLYN

On the eve of her much-talked-about comeback, Whitney Houston says that her 15-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina - seen here with her mom earlier this month - deserves much of the credit for her new album.

"She was with me every step of the way: 'Mom, you can do this.' When I get discouraged and I get like, 'This is tiring, this is wearing me out, I'm just not at that point,' she'd just go, 'No, mom, you can do this, get up, get up,'" Whitney, 45, reveals. "She encourages me and inspires me, when I look at her and I look at her eyes and I see myself, I go, 'OK, I can do this. I can do this.'"
Whitney enjoyed huge success in the 1980s and 90s, bringing home armfuls of awards and earning millions of adoring fans. However, problems in her personal life – rumors of drug abuse and a troubled marriage to singer Bobby Brown – soon overshadowed her music.

The singer says now that one good thing about life outside of the spotlight over the past decade or so is that she was able to focus on being a mom.
"I kind of got comfortable with being left alone, just being a mom who would take her daughter off to school, and who would pick her up from school. I liked that vibe, I liked that feeling, because I never really had the opportunity. I was always traveling with her all the time."

Now divorced and seemingly healthy, Whitney says she was surprised when her old mentor Clive Davis called her up to record a new album.
"He called me one day and he said, 'It's time.' And I said, 'Time for what?' And he says, 'Time for you to come back and sing for us again. It's very special and I feel humbled to be asked to do it again and want to be heard."
Whitney’s new album, I Look to You, is scheduled to be released on September 1.
---

Biography forWhitney Houston
-Date of Birth; 9 August 1963, Newark, New Jersey, USA
-Birth Name; Whitney Elizabeth Houston
-Spouse; Bobby Brown(18 July 1992 - 24 April 2007) (divorced) 1 child
-Daughter of Cissy Houston (gospel-blues singer).
-Cousin of Dionne Warwick and 'Dee Dee Warwick'.
-Multi-Grammy award winning singer; has had an unequaled run of seven consecutive #1 records (1980s) in the USA, and held the #1 spot on Billboard's Hot 100 for 14 weeks with "I Will Always Love You" in 1993.
-Brothers: Michael and Gary.
-Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world. [1991]
-Mother of Bobbi Kristina Brown.
-Was a fashion model before she started singing professionally.
-Ex-wife of Bobby Brown.
-Second cousin of David Elliott and Damon Elliott.
-Ranked #24 on VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists.
-Her mother was at one time a background singer for Elvis Presley.
-Her godmother is Aretha Franklin.

No comments:

Post a Comment