Anna Friel Feels The Strain Of Being A Working Mother



Jun 24, 2009 AT 12:46 pm


Anna Friel, star of 'Pushing Daisies' and the movie 'Land of the Lost,' confided to Closer magazine that being a working mother isn't easy. Many of us can understand, I'm sure! She has a three-year-old daughter, Gracie, with David Thewlis (Remus Lupin in 'Harry Potter.')
I'd be a liar if I said it was easy.
I think it's very different nowadays for working mothers. Before, a woman could take two years off - a year for her pregnancy and then the first year, but I don't think that's possible for women in showbusiness or in any industry any more.
You just have to keep going - keep looking forward. If you stop, you're lik'e, Oh God, it's too overwhelming'. And believe me, I've had my fair share of those moments."
Anna said her most difficult period was when she didn't sleep for seven days. She was breastfeeding her daughter and filming at the same time. A doctor finally had to prescribe something to help her sleep.
Do you agree with what Anna's saying? What's been your most difficult point as a parent so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment